Enjoy the site! Very Happy
Februarys Pokemon of the month is
Squirtle
Make sure to vote for
the next Pokemon of the month!
PN: Poke Rumble Tournament Champion Is.
Poke Rumble Champion Blue!
Congratulation Blue on your win!
Thank you all for participating, Pls join on our next tournament!

Share | 

One Dollar in Change

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aer Dragneel
Elite
Elite

PostSubject: One Dollar in Change   Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:46 pm

I walked into the classroom, excited to see my friend again. He had been suspended, I still don't know what happened. I walked in, put my backpack down, and took out my supplies then walked over to my homeroom teacher. I sat down in the desk right in front of her.
"Hi, Ms. Sebert!" My friends, Kelley and Nashay came in.
"Hello girls. What are you having for lunch today?" Ms. Sebert asked with the class lunch count in her hands.
"School lunch." Kelley replied.
"Home lunch." Nashay said. Ms. Sebert marked down the lunch and looked at us.
"It looks like Lee won't be back for another week...." Ms. Sebert sighed. My eyes lit up and I looked at her, "He may be back later in the week but I don't know...I saw him over the weekend...he got his head shaved..." Kelley and I exchanged a glance. We knew it was probably his stepmother, who treated him like dirt. I looked back at his empty desk then walked over to my own and sat down, thinking about my best friend.
As class started and the kids slowly began to fill up the classroom, I looked at my work. I was filled with resolve to work hard. But after 20 minutes of taking notes from a book, Ms. Sebert spoke the words that would change my day...my week...my life...possibly forever.
"..." Ms.Sebert spoke very low and soft, as if feeling a great remorse, "...It looks like Lee has been withdrawn from school..."
I almost gasped out loud. I could feel eyes turn my way. Before I knew it, I was biting back tears. Everyone began to look down at their work again, only one or two people feeling true sorrow, knowing what most likely happened. I on the other hand, was feeling much more than sorrow. I felt my pockets. Four quarters where stuck in my pocket to give to my friend for milk money. His stepmother never gave him dinner or decent lunch material. He had to make a lunch himself which typically was a regular cheese sandwich with nothing else on it. He never had a drink...not even a water bottle. So my family and I decided to help. We would give him one dollar a day for two milks. But the plan didn't last long before he was suspended.
He was gone for a week when he was only suspended for two days...I was hoping my friend was alright. The next class periods were utter misery for me but I trudged through. People kept asking what was wrong, but for some reason I said nothing was wrong...I just had allergies. Maybe it was my pride that got in the way of the truth? Or maybe my reputation. Whatever it is, I don't care about it anymore. I'll just spill out all my feelings.
During our science class, when we had a little time on our hands, we made a card. I, who had already made my own little note, helped out. We made a card and had everyone around the room sign it. We had never done that before for anyone who left. But for some reason, Lee was a different story. We actually cared about our classmate, our friend, who was so goofy and always happy.
As I packed Lee's crystallization experiment to send home with his sister, I slipped a little package and note. Inside the package was four quarters...Quarters that will hopefully bring a smile to his face.
Lee...If you are out there. Please don't ever give up...Always enjoy life...And look forward to the future.

You ain't got nothing on me

Last edited by Victory Fiend(R) on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elekidkid
Pro
Pro

PostSubject: Re: One Dollar in Change   Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:00 am

Is it a true story??

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aer Dragneel
Elite
Elite

PostSubject: Re: One Dollar in Change   Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:32 am

elekidkid wrote:
Is it a true story??

100% true

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pokeprincess
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One Dollar in Change   Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:08 pm

i hope your friend is ok vf and i hope one day youll see him again Smile

*Shinies Im Looking For*

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aer Dragneel
Elite
Elite

PostSubject: Re: One Dollar in Change   Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:16 am

Happy Birthday my friend. May your heart always remain lit and hopeful.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Green
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: One Dollar in Change   Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:15 pm

Wish the best for you friend VF

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Dollar in Change